Located on the beautiful Adriatic coast and only up to 2 hours flight to the main European capitals, Montenegro offers unique beauty and great investment opportunities in a rising economy. After gaining independence in 2006, Montenegro became the main foreign investment location in South East Europe and a tourist center. The only circulating currency in Montenegro is Euro (€), and the state is a full time member of WTO and in the process of joining EU and NATO. Thus, Montenegro offers stability for investors, as well as access to Balkan and European markets.
Since becoming an independent state in 2006, Montenegro has been attracting numerous investments, mainly directed in the tourism sector, from United Arab Emirates, Canada, Greece, Italy, France, Russia, Azerbaijan, just to mention some. Besides putting Montenegro on the world map of high class tourism, these investments benefited the whole economy and made the country more attractive for other investors from the mentioned countries. Investors recognized the potential for tourism and business development in Montenegro on long term basis, thanks to economic policies of the Government. The Real Estate and Infrastructures have benefited alongside.
- Population: 625,266
- Total area: 13,812 km2
- Coast line: 293,5 km
- Sunny days per year: around 240
- 3 international airports – Podgorica and Tivat in Montenegro and Dubrovnik in Croatia – up to 2h of flight to main European capitals
- 4 international ports
- Natural resources: cultivable land, forests, pure water, bauxite, coal etc
- Yearly tourist visits: over 1,700,000
- Overnight stays per year: over 9,000,000
Montenegro is the tourist center of the Balkans, weather you are looking for peaceful historical places, beaches, parties or active tourism. On the same day, you can enjoy beaches in Budva or Ulcinj and climb to one of the many mountain tops in the North of the country. Montenegro offers a variety of choices in tourism: great beaches, historic old towns, great nightlife, hiking, mountaineering, rafting, canyoning etc. Some of world’s most famous tourist companies recognized Montenegro as a chance for investment, so Regent Hotels, Hilton, Hard Rock Cafe started their business in Montenegro, and the first One & Only resort in Europe is being built in Herceg Novi.
- Boka Bay is the southernmost fjord in Europe
- Tara canyon is the deepest canyon in Europe and the second deepest in the world
- Nevidio canyon is the last discovered canyon in Europe (1960)
- There are 2 UNESCO World Heritage sites in Montenegro – medieval town of Kotor and Durmitor national park
- The last remaining virgin forest in Europe is located in national park Biogradska Gora
- Budva is home to Exit Sea Dance festival, one of the most famous and most visited in Europe